The purpose of the United Development Program (UDP) is to create a fun learning environment for kids, while providing a higher level of training to improve individual soccer skills and increase a player’s love of the game.
The United Development Program will help prepare players for the higher level of skill and commitment that the United Select Program will require.
The ideal participant of UDP sees soccer as a top priority of their extracurricular activities. The UDP player understands the importance of attending scheduled training sessions, games, and tournaments.
Benefits of the UDP Program
• Players will be rostered in teams by abilities. We feel that grouping players by ability within an age group, produces larger improvements than mixed ability grouping.
• All Teams are coached by professional coaches. Our staff is comprised of young and energetic coaches, who have played the game at a very high-level and are committed to pass their knowledge and experience in the game to our future stars. All coaches will be chosen by the Director of Coaching. When choosing coaches, a strong emphasis is placed on coaching background and coaching philosophy.
• Teams will play at the appropriate level within the city of Omaha. Although each level presents its own competitive challenges, emphasis will be placed in the development of the players rather than the result of the games.
• Opportunity for players within this age groups to move between teams, as their skills improve is always present so player will be evaluated every season to make sure they are in the correct team.
• UDP is NOT about winning games. The program does not focus on scores but on to each child’s unique development as a soccer player. The program looks to better each participant’s skill and love for the game.